How to do an Isopropyl Alcohol Rub Test for Label Durability
How do you determine the durability of your thermal transfer label?
One of the best ways to test for label durability is by performing an isopropyl alcohol rub test.
Here's how to perform an Isopropyl alcohol rub test:
1. Immerse your thermal transfer printed label in isopropyl alcohol for three minutes.
2. Remove the label from the isopropyl alcohol and use a tooth brush to brush over the impression 10 times.
3. Reimmerse the label in the isopropyl alcohol for three more minutes. Remove the label from the alcohol and brush 10 more times.
4. Return the label to the isopropyl alcohol a third time to soak for three more minutes.
5. Remove the label from the isopropyl alcohol and brush 10 more times.
6. Review your label impression for degradation. If your label held up to this test, you've got a durable label!
Video: How to do an Isopropyl Alcohol Rub Test
Visit www.DascoLabel.com or call toll-free at 1-877-855-2235.