What is the difference between the EBS-250 and the EBS-260?
- Maximum print width: The EBS-260 has a maximum print width of 2.2 inches, the EBS-250 as a maximum print width of 1.1 inches.
- Memory: The EBS-260 has a larger memory than the EBS-250
- Programming: The EBS-260 has a 3.5-inch touchscreen to program and update messages on the spot, it can also be programmed through WI-Fi or by exporting messages from the software via USB.
- Learn more about the difference between the EBS-250 and the EBS-260 here.
Where can I download the software?
- Software for the EBS-260 can be downloaded here.
How many messages can the EBS-250 hold?
- 10-30 projects with up to 1500 characters per project.
How many messages can the EBS-260 hold?
- 2 GB. > 50,000 projects with up to 10,000 characters per project.
What are the print heights for the EBS-250?
- The EBS-250 has a minimum print height of 0.39 inches and a maximum print height of 1.1 inches.
What are the print heights for the EBS-260?
- The EBS-260 has a minimum print height of 0.39 inches and a maximum print height of 2.2 inches.
What is the capacity of the EBS-250 ink cartridge?
- 110 mL The life of the cartridge is measured in terms of characters printed.
- 120K characters at 0.39
- 18K-20K characters at 1.1"
What is the capacity of the EBS-260 ink cartridge?
- 200mL The life of the cartridge is measured in terms of characters printed on a 32 dot matrix.
- 220K characters at the font size of 5x5
- 200K characters at the font size of 7x5
- 110K characters at the font size of 12x7
- 18K characters at the font size of 32x24
What is the print resolution?
- 16 dots per inch (dpi)
How many nozzles are on the EBS-250 printhead?
- 16 (1.1" tall)
How many nozzles are on the EBS-260 printhead?
- 32 (2.2" tall)
How is the ink ejected from the printer?
- The printers have smart sensing capability allowing them to print forward and reverse — prints at the speed of the user's hand. The bottom wheel must be rolled across a surface to trigger the printer to eject the ink.
How many lines can the EBS-250 print in one stroke?
How many lines can the EBS-260 print in one stroke?
What information can the EBS-250 print?
- Logos (Bitmap), True Type fonts, text and numbers
What information can the EBS-260 print?
- Graphics, logos, special graphical characters, Unicode, barcodes, True Type fonts, and black & white PNG data (imported)
How is the EBS-250 programmed?
- The EBS-250 is programmed by connecting the printer to a computer with a Bluetooth Module and sending the messages to the printer from the software.
How is the EBS-260 programmed?
- The EBS-260 can be programmed by connecting the printer to the software by Wi-Fi, exporting projects from the software and importing them into the printer by USB, or by using the touchscreen.
What is the Bluetooth for on the EBS-260?
- The Bluetooth is used to connect to the Gryphon GBT4430 Bluetooth Imager to allow users to scan a barcode and print information from a database.
How much does the EBS-250 weight?
- < two pounds
How much does the EBS-260 weigh?
- < three pounds
Can the EBS printers print multiple colors of ink?
- NO, each printer is configured to support one type/color of ink.
What types of ink does the EBS-260 support?
- Black Acetone, White Acetone, Yellow MEK, Light Blue MEK. Each printer is configured to print ONE type/color of ink.
How long does it take for the ink to dry?
- Between 0-5 seconds
What is the Operating temperature range of the EBS-260?
- From 41 degrees F to 104 degrees F (+5 degrees C to +40 degrees C)
How long will the ink last when exposed to high temperatures?
The acetone ink held up for four hours after being treated at 325 degrees F ( 162.77 degrees C) and still almost perfectly visible. The acetone ink held up for four hours after being treated at 600 degrees F (315.55 degrees C) for four hours. It was starting to wear off but still readable.
What accessories are available for the EBS-260?
How many cleaning cartridges do I need?
- Dasco recommends one cleaning cartridge for every two ink cartridges.
What is the working position of the printer?
- Any. The ink is pressurized with air in the ink cartridge, allowing the printer to be completely ergonomic.
What surfaces can EBS printers print on?
- The EBS printers can print on virtually any surface. To test the quality and durability of the EBS prints on your application surface, contact our team to send some of your application surfaces to get some sample prints created.
How do you purge the EBS-260?
- To purge the EBS-260, connect a cleaning cartridge to the printer (ensure the printer is off when connecting and disconnecting cartridges). Once the cartridge is connected turn on the printer and hold down "start" on the touchscreen and select "Purge". The printer will sound with repeated beep, hold down the trigger for 60-90 seconds or until the ink runs fairly clear.
How do you create a new project using the touchscreen on the EBS-260?
How do you connect the EBS-260 to Wi-Fi?
- Follow along in our video tutorial on How-To Connect to Wi-Fi.
How do you turn the simple menu on and off on the EBS-260?
- Follow along in our video tutorial on How-To Turn Simple Menu On/Off.
How do you program a counter on the EBS-260 touchscreen?
- Follow along in our video tutorial on How-To Program a Counter.
My barcode is getting cut off when I print. How do you resize 2D Barcodes?
- Follow along in our video tutorial on How-To Resize 2D Barcodes.
How do you create a barcode?
- Follow along in our video tutorial on How-To Create a Barcode.
How do I eject more or less ink on the EBS-260?
- Follow along in our video tutorial on How-To Eject More/Less